[Botan-devel] Building Botan with a Static Runtime

Charles Brockman cmbrockman at verizon.net
Sun Feb 15 15:42:14 EST 2009

Using the instructions in section 3.2 of the Botan Build Guide I can
successfully build the Botan library under Windows using the Microsoft
Visual Studio 2008 compiler. Now I would like to change the configuration to
match my application program in which the Botan library is referenced.

My program links to the static, not dynamic, runtime so I must construct the
Botan library to match. Apparently there is no command line option for
configure.pl to make that change. Will a local configuration file passed to
the '--with-local-config=' option produce that result? If so, what goes in
my local configuration file? Is that documented anywhere?
--
Charles Brockman