[Botan-devel] Building Botan with a Static Runtime

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Sun Feb 15 16:40:57 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 12:42:14PM -0800, Charles Brockman wrote:

> My program links to the static, not dynamic, runtime so I must construct
> the Botan library to match. Apparently there is no command line option for
> configure.pl to make that change.

> Will a local configuration file passed to the '--with-local-config='
> option produce that result? If so, what goes in my local
> configuration file? Is that documented anywhere?

Nope! The contents of the local config will just be inserted verbatim
into the generated build.h header file, which is useful for setting
some build options but has no effect on the compiler options.

Unfortunately I think your only recourse is to edit the Makefile
directly with the appropriate cl.exe option (/MT, I think?)

Sorry, I'm aware this is not ideal but it is the best I can offer at
the moment.

BTW thank you for the documentation patches.