[Botan-devel] Caching derived keys

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sun Feb 22 06:21:19 EST 2009

Jack Lloyd wrote:
[..]

Thanks for taking time with this.  I haven't had time to take it all in
yet :-)  In the meantime I ran into a small problem.

[..]

> - EAX mode (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EAX_mode) is used instead of
>   plain CBC. EAX mode does not require any padding, and adds a tag for
>   message verification. I set it to use 80 bit tags.

That sounds interesting, though in my initial testing I ran into the
following:

  RuntimeError: Botan: Invalid algorithm name: AES/EAX/PKCS7

What can I pass to get_cipher() that would give me something with EAX?
Maybe there's even a list of all valid combinations that botan accepts?

/M

Haskell is an even 'redder' pill than Lisp or Scheme.
     -- PaulPotts