[Botan-devel] fix for botan-config

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Mon Jan 19 15:39:15 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 09:22:48PM +0100, Markus Wanner wrote:
> It returned two lines for LIBS, instead of just one. This in turn
> rendered the Makefile invalid:
>
> solaris10-amd64% /opt/botan/bin/botan-config --libs
> -L/opt/botan/lib
> -lm -lpthread -lsocket -lbotan

Someone else reported the same is true for MacOS X, this is on the
agenda for 1.8.1

> According to oxygene from IRC #monotone (thanks again!), the work-around
> for Solaris is to use "printf" instead of "echo -n". That works just
> fine for me.

Do you know if I can count on printf being installed everywhere
(everywhere being reasonably modern Unices, I don't much care about
IRIX or SunOS 4, etc)? If not, I can do something inside the Perl
script to combine these properly (since that generates botan-config
using my very own [funky and undocumented :(] templating system)