[Botan-devel] "PRNG not seeded" error when laptop heats up

Z. S. O. tiredashell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 00:23:49 EDT 2009

I may need to do more testing but after installing Botan on another mac
(with the patch applied) I am still getting the "not seeded" error, and in
fact is happening 100% of the time rather than sometimes. auto_rng.cpp has
the same sha1 hash listed in the patch (4adc...3f0a) so it's not that I
applied it incorrectly. I seem to be the only one perpetually dealing with
this error so I'm assuming it's something I am doing wrong personally. I'll
update here if I make any progress in figuring it out.
(The good news is that I successfully built botan as a static library in
vc++ and compiled my project against it, so everything's looking good on the
Windows side of things. The mac side, not so much at the moment.)