[Botan-devel] Missing PK_Encryptor_Filter

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Wed Mar 18 12:31:06 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:27:16PM +0100, Andreas Podgurski wrote:

> Ok, after some more search in the change log and the mailing list, I
> discovered, that these objects were removed without any replacement. I'm
> using them heavily in my code, especially for building encrypted
> connections over the network, before continuing with a public key scheme.
> I was not aware, that it is vital to follow this list to prevent the
> removal of such vital and basic objects, so, please, tell me, what I
> should and can do now? Any reaction is appreciated atm, even if I really
> would like to see to reappear these objects into the API again. I'm using
> these objects to pipe the network packages through a variable built
> procession pipe, which was the great benefit of botan until now...

I've attached the last version of the filters with the modifications
needed for 1.8 (untested, but it compiles and I don't think the semantics
of anything it relies on have changed since it was last in tree).

The constructors of the encrypting and signing filters now take a
RandomNumberGenerator& argument.

I wasn't aware that anyone was using these, but I suppose if there
are active users (at least one, anyway) I can add them back in 1.8.2