[Botan-devel] Missing PK_Encryptor_Filter

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Thu Mar 19 10:59:07 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:23:30AM +0100, Andreas Podgurski wrote:
> Thanks, you saved the day!
> > I've attached the last version of the filters with the modifications
> > needed for 1.8 (untested, but it compiles and I don't think the semantics
> > of anything it relies on have changed since it was last in tree).
> I'm not familiar with your build system, can I simply add them to the
> source folders or do I need to compile them with my applications first?

You can do either, I suppose, but it may make it easier for you to
upgrade to later 1.8 if you recompile your local version of botan with
these, otherwise you would have to remember to strip these versions
out of your application after you move to >1.8.1.

To recompile with these files added, put them in src/pubkey/pubkey and
add the lines

pk_filts.cpp
pk_filts.h

to the info.txt file in that directory, inside the <add> / </add> block.
Then rerun configure.pl and remake the library.

> Yes, I'm using it for a rather complex solution and even for the sake of
> completeness I would vote for reintroducing them. The pipe mechanism of
> this great library became a back of my source there, including several
> custom filters, so using the private key encryption/decryption there feels
> very natural.

I've added them back in revision 057f886f734464f312abc1223f797f623e0404f3
and they will appear in 1.8.2