[Botan-devel] SQLite3 encryption codec with Botan

Mr Diggilin mr.diggilin at gmail.com
Tue May 19 18:44:04 EDT 2009

I haven't tried too hard yet, but I'm still not sure what to do about
that problem with the enciphering returning a greater amount then I put
in. My best guess is that XTS is the thing I need (which I haven't
gotten primarily out of laziness and because just wanted to get this
thing testable). Still, it seems everyone else is using CBC for this, so
I don't see why it wouldn't work even if it is terribly insecure.

Anyhow, is this problem something that will be fixed with XTS? Or is
there something I'm supposed to do with that extra block?
Thanks, sorry for the trouble,
-Oli