[Botan-devel] configure.py with Python 3

botan at pjohnson.allmail.net botan at pjohnson.allmail.net
Fri Jul 9 03:10:32 EDT 2010

Hi,

Is there a version of configure.py that works with Python 3? Or can
anyone help me make the current version work? I have version 3
installed, and would rather not risk messing up my settings by
installing 2.6.

I'm not that familiar with python but I fixed a couple of problems:
  replaced "except Error, e" with "except Error as e"
  replaced "print >>sys.stderr, e" with "print(e, file=sys.stderr)"

But when I then tried replacing the obsolete .iteritems() with .items()
- it left me with the following error, which has may or may not be
related:

  unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'zip' and 'dict_items'

If it's a lot of hassle, I'll install Python 2.6, but for all I know it
may only require minor tweaks by someone who knows what they're doing,
so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Paul Johnson

P.S. Incidentally, I don't know if it's changed in the latest
development release, but my copy of building.pdf is still saying to use
configure.pl, which then recommends you use configure.py - not really a
problem, but I thought I'd point it out.