[Botan-devel] Wrapping to python using cython

Rene Rivera grafikrobot at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 17:53:15 EST 2010

Joan Miller wrote:
> The bindings (with Boost) are fast, but the C++ files compile very
> slowly and it's very difficult to debug (several pages of C++ errors
> in templates if you make a mistake in your code).
>
> http://wiki.cython.org/WrappingCorCpp

OK.. Which is why you use Py++ to generate the bindings. But yes, you
pay for the numerous advantages in compile times. And I would gladly pay
in a one time compile expense to gain all the disadvantages of using
Cython
<http://docs.cython.org/src/userguide/wrapping_CPlusPlus.html#caveats-and-limitations>.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything