[Botan-devel] Problems building Botan-1.9.7

Bud P. Bruegger bud at ancitel.it
Wed May 26 12:24:05 EDT 2010

Jack:
thanks for the quick reply.

In the meantime, I noted in the release notes of 1.9.1 to do a "make
check" and that works.  "make -f Makefile.python" also seemed to work
and so does "make -f Makefile.python install".

However, running python and importing botan fails:

Python 2.6.2 (release26-maint, Apr 19 2009, 01:56:41)
[GCC 4.3.3] on linux2
>>> import botan
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/botan/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from _botan import *
ImportError: libbotan-1.9.7.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have a libbotan-1.9.7.so in /usr/local/lib/

Any idea what fails?

many thanks
-b