[Botan-devel] Problems building Botan-1.9.7

Bud P. Bruegger bud at ancitel.it
Wed May 26 12:50:06 EDT 2010

> Nothing really obvious is coming to me, but some possible debugging
> ideas:
>
>  - ldd the _botan.so file, see if it finds the library that way
>  - Perhaps /usr/local/lib is not included /etc/ld.so.conf?
>  - Try running ldconfig?

Now it works!

One problem what that /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages didn't work and
I had to move it to dist-packages.
After that, ldconfig did the job.

> By the way, fair warning before you spend more time on this, the
> Python code is very preliminary and limited; what is there should work
> well, and there are some examples in doc/python, but the feature set
> is very limited right now. Patches welcome, of course. :)

Not sure whether I'd be capable (as is evident from my stupid
questions, I'm not a C programmer ;-), but I'm interested in having a
look at it...

many thanks
-b