[Botan-devel] Compiling 1.9.7 on CentOS 5

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Wed May 26 15:27:25 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 09:13:48PM +0200, Tim Verhoeven wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble getting botan 1.9.7 to compile on CentOS 5 (GCC
> 4.1). This is the error I'm getting :
> build/include/botan/build.h:46:30:
>
> error:
> missing whitespace after the macro name
> make:
> *** [build/lib/algo_factory.o] Error 1

If I'm getting my line numbers right, line 46 of build.h in 1.9.7 is
the BOTAN_TARGET_CPU_IS_XXXX macro define. I'm betting I did something
stupid, and failed to filter some character properly so an invalid
macro gets generated, and that you are compiling for some relatively
obscure processor so I never hit the bug. What does line 46 of this
file look like? What processor are you compiling for, and what does
your configure.py invocation look like?  (Just sending the full
generated build.h has all of the relevant info).