[Botan-devel] Compiling 1.9.7 on CentOS 5

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Wed May 26 15:40:07 EDT 2010


On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Jack Lloyd <lloyd at randombit.net> wrote:
>
> If I'm getting my line numbers right, line 46 of build.h in 1.9.7 is
> the BOTAN_TARGET_CPU_IS_XXXX macro define. I'm betting I did something
> stupid, and failed to filter some character properly so an invalid
> macro gets generated, and that you are compiling for some relatively
> obscure processor so I never hit the bug. What does line 46 of this
> file look like? What processor are you compiling for, and what does
> your configure.py invocation look like?  (Just sending the full
> generated build.h has all of the relevant info).

This is the culprit and I'm guessing its pretty obvious :

#define BOTAN_TARGET_CPU_HAS_--ENABLE-SSSE3

This is the compile line :

./configure.py --prefix=/usr --libdir=lib64 --cc=gcc --os=linux
--cpu=x86_64 --enable-isa --enable-ssse3
--enable-modules=gnump,bzip2,zlib,openssl

The CPU is a standard Intel Xeon CPU.

I've then removed the ssse3 statement and tried again. But it is the
same error, but this is the faulty line in build.h :

#define BOTAN_TARGET_CPU_HAS_--ENABLE-MODULES=GNUMP

So I'm guessing there is something wrong with the creation of the build.h file.

Thanks,
Tim

-- 
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
"microsoft approach to programming" and should never be allowed.
(Linus Torvalds)



More information about the botan-devel mailing list