[Botan-devel] Bug: Dropping leading zeros

Rickard Bellgrim rickard.bellgrim at iis.se
Fri May 28 10:35:50 EDT 2010

You would always get an identical ciphertext, so there is seemingly no
meaningful way to say that there were originally N leading zeros in
the plaintext, and not N+1 or N-1. This is somewhat intrinsic to the
fact that bare RSA encrypts integers, not bitstrings, and without a
canonical and unambigious encoding of some kind it's impossible to do
the conversion perfectly losslessly.

Ok, so it might a problem from my side that I compare the strings as strings and not as integers.

// Rickard