[Botan-devel] Catching 'Botan::Decoding_Error'

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Tue Nov 16 10:17:24 EST 2010

Hi Gregor,

> 2. I linked the libbotan-1.8.11.dll to may main routine (C++)
> That means I am not using the libbotan.a static library but the dynamic
> libbotan-1.8.11.dll

This does not work unless you are using the latest version of GCC on
MinGW. From the release notes for 4.4 in MinGW:

    * Shared libgcc: If all modules are linked with -shared-libgcc, exceptions can be thrown across DLL boundaries.

(http://www.mingw.org/wiki/GCCStatus)

I knew this was an issue in MinGW but you said .a in your
original post so I assumed you were using a purely static
library.