[Botan-devel] Catching 'Botan::Decoding_Error'

Gregor Schraegle gregor.schraegle at gmx.de
Thu Nov 18 09:17:43 EST 2010

Dear Jack,

I switched to use the static Botan library instead of the shared library.

When using the static library the Botan::Decoding_Error exception is handed
over to the calling code without a problem.

So, this works fine for me now and we can close this case.

Thank you very much for your support!

Best regards,
Gregor

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 10:17:24 -0500
> Von: Jack Lloyd <lloyd at randombit.net>
> An: botan-devel at randombit.net
> Betreff: Re: [Botan-devel] Catching 'Botan::Decoding_Error'
>

> Hi Gregor,
>
> > 2. I linked the libbotan-1.8.11.dll to may main routine (C++)
> > That means I am not using the libbotan.a static library but the dynamic
> > libbotan-1.8.11.dll
>
> This does not work unless you are using the latest version of GCC on
> MinGW. From the release notes for 4.4 in MinGW:
>
>     * Shared libgcc: If all modules are linked with -shared-libgcc,
> exceptions can be thrown across DLL boundaries.
>
> (http://www.mingw.org/wiki/GCCStatus)
>
> I knew this was an issue in MinGW but you said .a in your
> original post so I assumed you were using a purely static
> library.
>
> -Jack

GRATIS! Movie-FLAT mit über 300 Videos.
Jetzt freischalten unter http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome