[botan-devel] First release candidate for new stable branch 1.10

markus reichelt ml at mareichelt.com
Tue Apr 12 15:58:23 EDT 2011

* Jack Lloyd <lloyd at randombit.net> wrote:

> 1.8 is widely deployed, so I will probably continue to deal with
> similar portability issues as they are reported for at least the
> next ~6 months, with occasional releases. I don't expect I will be
> doing any work in 1.8 that is not in direct response to a bug
> report.

Thanks for the info.

So I guess I should look into getting the 1.9.x branch to build on
Slackware, somewhat soon-ish.

And I'm just curious, will you bother adapting documentation of 1.8.x
as well or "neglect" it in favour of the upcoming 1.10.x branch?

e.g. there's no "backport" of things, just a courtesy maintenance of
1.8.x status quo - correct?

--
left blank, right bald