[botan-devel] strange behavior declaring BigInt on FreeBSD

tiredashell at gmail.com tiredashell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 15:37:27 EDT 2011

I can confirm I'm using 1.8.11. I'm sure you are aware, but in case
you overlooked it, make sure you uncomment the definition of TEST as I
believe it was commented out in the copy I attached.

I consistently get the error in two places: (1) on a VPS I'm running
from RootBSD.net, running the aforementioned OS with 256MB RAM, and
(2) on a native install of PC-BSD (which is based on FreeBSD 8.2
amd64) running on my EeePC laptop with 1GB RAM.

I use cmake to build everything so I'm not entirely certain what
options it's using underneath, but gcc and g++ both report a version
of 4.2.1. I could send you the executable off-list if you want to try
running it in your VM. In case it matters, I link to a static version
of Botan (I believe I ran python configure.py --disabled-shared
--disable-debug).