[botan-devel] How to use Botan with Qt on VS2008

Erwan Treguer erwanage at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 04:58:51 EST 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to run a project using Botan within a Qt interface.
The main project loads several modules from dl.
My module compiles just fine and it works well without the botan part.
But when I include the botan part in it the module doesn't appear anymore
in the main projet.
There are neither error nor warning during the compilation.
I linked the lib in a .pro file:

INCLUDEPATH += ./botan/include \
    ./GeneratedFiles \
    ./GeneratedFiles/Debug \
LIBS += -L"./botan/botan.lib" \
    -L"$(OutDir)/.." \
    -lbotan

but nothing changed.

I think that the problem comes from botan.ddl and I don't know how to avoid
it.
I've seen many post on internet telling to use the botan dll from Qtcreator
but I wonder if it's possible to use it with vs2008.

Can someone describe me all the steps i need to do to use Botan within a Qt
application?

Kind regards,
Erwan