[botan-devel] How to use Botan with Qt on VS2008

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Thu Dec 8 10:58:12 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 10:58:51AM +0100, Erwan Treguer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to run a project using Botan within a Qt interface.
> The main project loads several modules from dl.

Do you mean your app loads them dynamically at runtime (LoadLibrary or
equivalent), or it links to them via import libraries?

> My module compiles just fine and it works well without the botan part.
> But when I include the botan part in it the module doesn't appear anymore
> in the main projet.

I'm afraid I don't really understand what this means. Adding botan
to the link makes something else go away?

> I think that the problem comes from botan.ddl and I don't know how to avoid
> it.
> I've seen many post on internet telling to use the botan dll from Qtcreator
> but I wonder if it's possible to use it with vs2008.

Are you using the binary installer on botan.randombit.net, one built
from source, or something else? I don't know how the Qtcreator DLL was
built, either, so it may behave in some way that is different from
the 'standard' build.