[botan-devel] Problem on Mac OS X Lion

Thomas thomas at larrson.id.au
Wed Dec 14 19:34:10 EST 2011

Hi,

When I try compile any simple code under Xcode 4.2.1 and LLVM GCC 4.2 I'm getting following errors:

pk_ops.h:
pk_ops.h:121:47: error: macro "verify" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 1
pk_ops.h:120:    error: function definition does not declare parameters

emsa.h:
emsa.h:54:42: error: macro "verify" passed 3 arguments, but takes just 1
emsa.h:52:    error: ISO C++ forbids initialization of member 'verify'
emsa.h:52:    error: making 'verify' static
emsa.h:52:    error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static member 'verify'
emsa.h:52:    error: 'verify' declared as a 'virtual' field

Compiling library from the source went without any errors or even single warning.
Am I doing something wrong or perhaps botan library is't supported under Lion?

Cheers,
Thomas