[botan-devel] Problem on Mac OS X Lion

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Wed Dec 14 21:48:46 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 11:34:10AM +1100, Thomas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I try compile any simple code under Xcode 4.2.1 and LLVM GCC 4.2 I'm getting following errors:
>
> pk_ops.h:
> pk_ops.h:121:47: error: macro "verify" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 1
> pk_ops.h:120:    error: function definition does not declare parameters

Looks like this is comming from Apple's AssertMacros.h [1]. Per the
comments in that header, defining the preprocessor symbol
__ASSERT_MACROS_DEFINE_VERSIONS_WITHOUT_UNDERSCORES to 0 will prevent
the header from polluting the namespace with bare macros like that.

[1] http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/CarbonHeaders/CarbonHeaders-18.1/AssertMacros.h