[botan-devel] Cygwin failure creating initialization vector

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Mon Feb 21 10:32:57 EST 2011

Does it fail for a smaller value of size?

Does the program terminate, or hang/infinite loop, or ... ?

Does this code execute inside of a try/catch block? Some C++ runtimes,
including older versions of GCC's, will just silent abort in the case
of an uncaught exception. That would potentionally also explain the
bogus stack trace.

This constructor is actually only two lines of code, so could
you also try this program:

     Botan::AutoSeeded_RNG _rng;
     unsigned int size = 1452;
     Botan::SecureVector<Botan::byte> iv_val(size);
     _rng.randomize(&iv_val[0], size);

With printfs or some such in between, so see where exactly it fails;
this may help narrow down the problem a bit.

-Jack