[botan-devel] Cygwin failure creating initialization vector

William K. Foster wkf at alum.mit.edu
Mon Feb 21 12:23:50 EST 2011

Hello Jack,

I lowered the size down to 16 and it still fails.

I added a try catch block around the code, and no exception is caught.

I changed the code to what you show below, and the failure occurs inside the
last line:

    _rng.randomize(&iv_val[0], size);

I also tried size 1 and it also fails the same way.

Finally, I moved the code to the beginning of main() and it works fine.  So
something is going wrong elsewhere that causes this to fail later.  How can
we track this down best?

Thanks.

-William