[Botan-devel] reading a private ecdsa key from storage in Botan 1.8

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Mon Jan 31 08:17:03 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 07:41:57AM -0500, Jack Lloyd wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 12:22:20AM +0100, bert hubert wrote:
>
> > To import an ECDSA key, I create a PKCS8 representation of they key I want
> > to import, and feed it to the decoder.
> >
> > This gives me the following, understandable, error:
> > "Botan: attempt to set public point for an uninitialized key"
>
> Can you send the code you used to test this? From your
> description, it seems like this should work. Thanks. -Jack

I committed it to the tree for this very reason this morning ;-)

http://wiki.powerdns.com/trac/changeset/1947 and
http://wiki.powerdns.com/trac/browser/trunk/pdns/pdns/botan18signers.cc?rev=1947#L135

Your thoughts would be very welcome!

You can also download the whole product from
http://powerdnssec.org/downloads/pdns-3.0-pre.20110131.1950.tar.gz
instructions on how to get it going are on
http://wiki.powerdns.com/trac/wiki/PDNSSEC

To exhibit, run ./configure --with-botan1.8.

I can also isolate the problem more if you want, I understand that delving
into pre-release tarballs may be a bit much to ask!

	Bert