[botan-devel] Build Botan 1.8.14 for Android (Jack Lloyd)

Jaroslaw Pelczar jpelczar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 12:08:49 EST 2012

You just need to generate configuration for linux. Then write makefile for NDK to build either static or dynamic library. I've successfully integrated Botan with Android, iOS and Symbian apps and other embedded systems. I could post Android.mk for some version of Botan later when I get back home. Remember that on Android you have to preload Botan DLL (if you're building DLL target) to JVM using System.loadLibrary. For iOS you just need specific config file (I've handcrafted one based on linux config) and include proper cpp files in XCode. For Symbian I wrote random number source based on TRandom + some experimental system API integration (e.g. using R/TInteger as a backend for bignum).