[botan-devel] RTTI problems with Botan

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at digia.com
Wed Oct 17 07:30:35 EDT 2012

On 10/16/12 18:06, Jack Lloyd wrote:
> Wow, what version of OS X / XCode is this?

I've seen it on 10.6 and 10.8 machines, building with llvm-gcc from the
command line.

> I thought this lack of
> type_info merging was only an issue back in the ancient (GCC 2.95 or
> so) days, I had no idea this was an issue on any remotely modern
> system.

Perhaps there is a certain combination of compile options/linker
flags/moon phases that causes this to happen at times; see below.

> Can you file a ticket (bugs.randombit.net) with the full
> details (all relevant versions, a testcase, etc)?

Well... here's the thing: I cannot reproduce the problem in an example
project, even if I set it up to resemble the real one as closely as
possible. The latter does not seem to have any obvious errors, though,
and works fine on other platforms. Would you still be interested in a
ticket?

Christian