[botan-devel] Export considerations for redistributing botan libraries

Rick McGuire object.rexx at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 07:42:57 EDT 2012

We're considering adding botan-enabled cryptography to the ooRexx open
source project, but we're a bit concerned about what steps we might need to
take to be compliant with US export regulations with respect to
cryptography software.  Is there any guidance available for going through
this process?  This is a project with a very small community and very few
resources to draw upon, so if there are lots of hoops to jump through, we
might have consider dropping this support.

Rick