[botan-devel] Missing extern C function definitions

William K. Foster wkf at alum.mit.edu
Sun Apr 21 13:18:37 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to build Botan on Windows XP using Interix and Gentoo.  All
appears to be building except I am missing around six extern "C" symbols.
 I searched the code and I don't find them anywhere.

For example:

Botan/src/block/serpent_x86_32/serp_x86_32.cpp

Has these three symbols declared at the top that are called by the C++ code
later:

extern "C" {
void botan_serpent_x86_32_encrypt(const byte in[16],
                                byte out[16],
                                const u32bit ks[132]);
void botan_serpent_x86_32_decrypt(const byte in[16],
                                byte out[16],
                                const u32bit ks[132]);
void botan_serpent_x86_32_key_schedule(u32bit ks[140]);
}

But searching the code, I do not see where they should be defined.

Where should these symbols be getting defined?  Is it in generated code?
 If so, where is the code supposed to be generated?

Thanks.

-William