[botan-devel] Considerable differences between Botan and pycrypto?

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Thu Feb 28 09:37:41 EST 2013

Hi Phi,

I am not a fan of the pycrypto API, but looking over it there doesn't
seem to be anything too horrible with it. At the very least having a
good pycrypto emulation layer (for the common things) on top would be
useful as people who had hit a wall of what pycrypto supports could
transition over immediately without having to change their existing
codebase.

The python wrapper development is kind of on hold because I am the
only one who has spent any time on it, and I have only so much
free/unpaid time to work on botan, with other projects haing a
priority (in terms of interest or future utility to me) on that time
right now.

Patches always welcome of course.

-Jack