[botan-devel] Moving to git?

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Wed Jan 2 10:59:43 EST 2013

I've been using monotone for managing the botan source since 2005 and
I still think it's the best DVCS out there, but choice of VCS is also
a social concern and I'm thinking that there are fewer patches
contributed to botan because getting access to source control requires
you to install and learn this weird tool that is not git, hg or svn.

My first inclination is git+github. Not because I like git (at all)
but purely for the above mentioned community/social reasons.

Any comments on monotone, or a better alternative than github?