[botan-devel] Moving to git?

Tim Prepscius timprepscius at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 11:22:53 EST 2013

I'll chime in here too:

I think you are right about the difficulty of patching etc.

I am personally not a fan of github, mainly because every time I visit
their website my browser hangs for about 10 seconds (while it compiles
their javascript?) which in internet time feels like an hour.

However, getting source thereafter is trivial.  Forking is also trivial.

I might also suggest another factor which might affect your decision--
or not.  For me, git seems to be all about decentralization.  And most
of the younger programmers I talk to ascribe to the "steal and fork,"
rather than "use and contribute."  This may be my oncoming
crotchity-ness coming out though.

If you wish for less forking but easier contribution/patching, SVN
might still be the way to go???

I don't know, probably not a factor anyhow.  And I probably have a
skewed view representing the people I happen to know.

Still using your library on the iphone.  Awesome job!

-tim