[botan-devel] Moving to git?

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Wed Jan 2 11:27:15 EST 2013

I am not a huge fan of relying on a third party for my DVCS access (as
mirrors they are fine of course).

I also don't really understand yet what authenticity properties git
does or does not try to enforce: if I pull sources from github, what
can I be confident about in my checked out tree? As I understand it
git doesn't even sign revisions, making me think anyone with direct
write access to the primary repo can manipulate the history, perhaps
without detection.

-Jack