[botan-devel] Moving to git?

Markus Wanner markus at bluegap.ch
Sat Jan 5 14:03:08 EST 2013

Jack,

On 01/02/2013 04:59 PM, Jack Lloyd wrote:
> Any comments on monotone, or a better alternative than github?

As a happy monotone user, -1 for switching to git. I'd miss the fuzzy
feeling that (botan calculated) signatures provide. (That's as
self-hosted as a crypto library can get, isn't it?).

As another minor point: regularly using both VCSen, I much prefer
monotone's (distributed) way of handling branches. With git, oftentimes
I find myself somehow mirroring the branch structure of the remote side.

However, I can certainly understand your wish to make botan code easier
accessible for the big community of git users. Is a read-only git mirror
doing that trick?

Regards

Markus Wanner