[botan-devel] Patch to allow configure.py --list-modules

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Sat Jun 1 11:50:35 EDT 2013

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 09:58:23PM -0500, Christopher Dale wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I added a pull request on github for a patch that adds a --list-modules
> switch for configure.py. The switch will list all the module names
> available and then exit. When I started working with Botan and saw that I
> could enable/disable modules at will I couldn't wait to start trimming down
> the build, but then I started looking around for a list of modules and
> couldn't find one. This patch aims to fix that.

Looks good, thanks!

BTW if you are interested in trimming the build one good option to
know about is `--no-autoload` which essentially starts off the build
with a (somewhat) minimal core, and you can request adding specific
things from there using --enable-module=x,y,z

> For future patches, is github the correct place to submit patches? If not,
> what is the desired method of submitting patches to the project?

Github pull requests are fine, as are patches sent directly to the
list. Whichever is more convenient for you basically. One small issue
is that currently the primary sources are held in monotone, and a
script automatically mirrors that to github. So to apply your patch,
rather than accepting the pull I manually applied it to a mtn
workspace and checked it in with author field = guywithcrookedface, so
hopefully github will connect the checkin to your account when the
mirror script runs. At some point I may finally give up on monotone
and use github for all development but things aren't quite there yet.