[botan-devel] Updates on Botan 1.11 + MinGW

Seba superpacko at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 13:49:27 EDT 2013

Well, i got it working.

Finally i got Botan 1.11 compiled with MinGW64 (from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingwbuilds/) with gcc 4.8. At least BER
encoding doesnt crash the application like before (with Qt's MinGW gcc4.7).

I did get a crash if i use Botan::Win32_EntropySource entropySource. Adding
entropy source to RNG makes the application crash when is closing and
freeing variables (at return). I guess theres something wrong there with
the windows dependent module.

This is good news, although in order to use botan 1.11 with Qt5 then Qt5
should probably need to be compiled with the MinGW64 with gcc4.8, which is
not that nice. Not sure whats in Qt's own mingw, since they distribute the
one from mingw-builds with the gcc 4.7. It may have some bugs or something
that breaks botan in that version, not sure.

Has anyone tried this? Mixing Botan 1.11 with latest Qt distribution?

thanks!
Sebastian.