[botan-devel] Copyright notice not being updated

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Mon Feb 3 09:19:14 EST 2014


The contents of the web page are based on trunk rather than the 1.10
branch, so it includes recent contributions that were not backported
to stable.

On Sun, Feb 02, 2014 at 06:07:46PM -0800, William K. Foster wrote:
> In the v1.10.7 I see doc/license.txt:
> 
> .. _license:
> .. highlight:: none
> 
> License
> ========================================
> 
> Botan (http://botan.randombit.net/) is distributed under these terms::
> 
>   Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Jack Lloyd
>                 2001 Peter J Jones
>                 2004-2007 Justin Karneges
>                 2004 Vaclav Ovsik
>                 2005 Matthew Gregan
>                 2005-2006 Matt Johnston
>                 2006 Luca Piccarreta
>                 2007 Yves Jerschow
>                 2007-2008 FlexSecure GmbH
>                 2007-2008 Technische Universitat Darmstadt
>                 2007-2008 Falko Strenzke
>                 2007-2008 Martin Doering
>                 2007 Manuel Hartl
>                 2007 Christoph Ludwig
>                 2007 Patrick Sona
>                 2010 Olivier de Gaalon
>   All rights reserved.
> 
>   Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
>   modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
>   met:
> 
>   1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
>   notice, this list of conditions, and the following disclaimer.
> 
>   2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
>   notice, this list of conditions, and the following disclaimer in the
>   documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
> 
>   THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR(S) "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR
>   IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
>   WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE,
>   ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR(S) OR CONTRIBUTOR(S) BE
>   LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
>   CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
>   SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR
>   BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
>   WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE
>   OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN
>   IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
> 
> 
> whereas the randombit web pages is more current:
> 
> 
> Copyright (C) 1999-2013,2014 Jack Lloyd
>               2001 Peter J Jones
>               2004-2007 Justin Karneges
>               2004 Vaclav Ovsik
>               2005 Matthew Gregan
>               2005-2006 Matt Johnston
>               2006 Luca Piccarreta
>               2007 Yves Jerschow
>               2007-2008 FlexSecure GmbH
>               2007-2008 Technische Universitat Darmstadt
>               2007-2008 Falko Strenzke
>               2007-2008 Martin Doering
>               2007 Manuel Hartl
>               2007 Christoph Ludwig
>               2007 Patrick Sona
>               2010 Olivier de Gaalon
>               2012 Vojtech Kral
>               2012 Markus Wanner
>               2013 Joel Low
> All rights reserved.
> 
> Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
> modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
> 
> 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
>    this list of conditions, and the following disclaimer.
> 
> 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
>    notice, this list of conditions, and the following disclaimer in the
>    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
> 
> THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS"
> AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
> IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
> ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE
> LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
> CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
> SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
> INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
> CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
> ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
> POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

> _______________________________________________
> botan-devel mailing list
> botan-devel at randombit.net
> http://lists.randombit.net/mailman/listinfo/botan-devel



More information about the botan-devel mailing list