[botan-devel] Build issues with v1.10.7 and --no-optimizations

William K. Foster wkf at alum.mit.edu
Tue Feb 4 19:30:46 EST 2014


Manually editing the toplevel Botan Makefile to add a -O1 to LIB_OPT:

LIB_OPT       = -g -O1


avoids this issue.


On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 4:09 PM, William K. Foster <wkf at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recently updated to v1.10.7 and in addition to the SEGVs I reported
> earlier, I'm also getting a new compilation failure when passing to
> configure --no-optimizations.  I'm only seeing this in a 64 bit build with
> gcc v4.1.2, not 32 bit gcc v3.4.6. It fails with:
>
>     --with-tr1-implementation=none --enable-debug --no-optimizations
>
> However, it does build if I pass:
>
>     --with-tr1-implementation=none --enable-debug
>
> The errors I get with --no-optimizations are:
>
> g++ -m64 -Ibuild/include -g  -D_REENTRANT -Wno-long-long -W -Wall -fPIC
> -fvisibility=hidden -c src/block/noekeon_simd/noekeon_simd.cpp -o
> build/lib/block_noekeon_simd.o
> build/include/botan/internal/simd_sse2.h: In member function  void
> Botan::SIMD_SSE2::rotate_left(size_t) :
> build/include/botan/internal/simd_sse2.h:61: error: shift must be an
> immediate
> build/include/botan/internal/simd_sse2.h:61: error: shift must be an
> immediate
> gmake[1]: *** [build/lib/block_noekeon_simd.o] Error 1
> g++ -m64 -Ibuild/include -g  -D_REENTRANT -Wno-long-long -W -Wall -fPIC
> -fvisibility=hidden -c src/block/serpent_simd/serp_simd.cpp -o
> build/lib/block_serpent_simd_serp_simd.o
> build/include/botan/internal/simd_sse2.h: In member function
>  Botan::SIMD_SSE2 Botan::SIMD_SSE2::operator<<(size_t) const :
> build/include/botan/internal/simd_sse2.h:116: error: shift must be an
> immediate
> build/include/botan/internal/simd_sse2.h: In member function  void
> Botan::SIMD_SSE2::rotate_left(size_t) :
> build/include/botan/internal/simd_sse2.h:61: error: shift must be an
> immediate
> build/include/botan/internal/simd_sse2.h:61: error: shift must be an
> immediate
> gmake[1]: *** [build/lib/block_serpent_simd_serp_simd.o] Error 1
> g++ -m64 -Ibuild/include -g  -D_REENTRANT -Wno-long-long -W -Wall -fPIC
> -fvisibility=hidden -c src/block/xtea_simd/xtea_simd.cpp -o
> build/lib/block_xtea_simd.o
> build/include/botan/internal/simd_sse2.h: In member function
>  Botan::SIMD_SSE2 Botan::SIMD_SSE2::operator>>(size_t) const :
> build/include/botan/internal/simd_sse2.h:121: error: shift must be an
> immediate
> build/include/botan/internal/simd_sse2.h: In member function
>  Botan::SIMD_SSE2 Botan::SIMD_SSE2::operator<<(size_t) const :
> build/include/botan/internal/simd_sse2.h:116: error: shift must be an
> immediate
> gmake[1]: *** [build/lib/block_xtea_simd.o] Error 1
>
> Is this just a compiler bug or is this a real Botan issue?
>
> -William
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.randombit.net/pipermail/botan-devel/attachments/20140204/cef1b875/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the botan-devel mailing list