[botan-devel] Building Botan trunk on Windows

Uri Blumenthal uri at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 10 21:13:06 EST 2014

One possibility why AVX2 intrinsics fail is that some compilers (GCC and CLANG to name a couple) may need the following flags: “-maes -mpclmul -msse2 -mssse3 -msse4.2”.

Jack, configure.py does not take care of this. IMHO it should.

Marcel, try to hack the generated Makefile, adding those flags by hand, and see whether it improves the situation.