[botan-devel] Botan 1.10.6 and 1.11.7 released

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Mon Jan 6 18:41:33 EST 2014

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 08:15:30PM -0500, Uri Blumenthal wrote:
> On Dec 29, 2013, at 15:29 , Jack Lloyd <lloyd at randombit.net> wrote:
> > Good morning,
> >
> > I've released Botan 1.10.7 and 1.11.6 today.
>
> Botan-1.10.7 seems to build fine on Mavericks 10.9.1 with gcc-4.8.2 (see the attached benchmark report for MacBook Air).
>
> The python part of Botan however appears 100% dead (unless I’m doing something wrong? In which case I’d appreciate some guidance). See attached output of “make -f Makefile.python”. Boost-1.55.0 is installed through MacPorts, and seems to be fully functional (at least, passes the validation tests, whatever those are :).

Thanks for the build and test reports as well as the patches. The Python code
does work for me on Linux (though is alpha/fragile/etc).  From the messages in
the log you posted it appears there is some incompatability between GCC,
Python, and libc's definition of the ctype macros. I'm afraid I don't use
MacOS X for development often enough to have any specific suggestions aside
from perhaps trying Clang.

Also thank you for pointing out the build failures in the examples. I believe
everything should be fixed now in trunk and thus the next release.

Cheers,