[botan-devel] Botan 1.11.7 released

Uri Blumenthal uri at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 17 13:16:43 EST 2014

The short comment is: it does not work.

The longer story: significant mucking was required to get 1.11.7 to compile properly (actually I’m not so sure it did).

Include directories and library dirs are not picked up properly by configurator. Situation is exacerbated by the fact that I am compiling with “—prefix=/opt/local”, and that’s where both Boost and Python live. Confuses the hell out of Botan.

One of the more annoying quirks is that after “make clean” it removes “build/obj” subdir, but does not re-create its hierarchy when “make” is invoked.

The result is this:

$ ./botan speed
Help!
$

(which I guess doesn’t mean it is very fast :)

./botan-test: