[botan-devel] Botan 1.11.7 released

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Thu Jan 23 13:37:45 EST 2014

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 01:16:43PM -0500, Uri Blumenthal wrote:
> The short comment is: it does not work.
>
> The longer story: significant mucking was required to get 1.11.7 to compile properly (actually I’m not so sure it did).
>
> Include directories and library dirs are not picked up properly by configurator. Situation is exacerbated by the fact that I am compiling with “—prefix=/opt/local”, and that’s where both Boost and Python live. Confuses the hell out of Botan.

Can you provide your exact inputs and the results you are getting? I'm
not aware of any setup (that would have worked before) that isn't
working with the current build.

> One of the more annoying quirks is that after “make clean” it
> removes “build/obj” subdir, but does not re-create its hierarchy
> when “make” is invoked.

Now fixed, thanks.

> The result is this:
>
> $ ./botan speed
> Help!
> $

There is no built in list of things to try at the moment, but you can
use a name printed by botan-test like AES-128.