[botan-devel] Linker error on OS X 10.11.2

Simon Warta | Kullo simon at kullo.net
Wed Dec 30 06:29:35 EST 2015

Am 30.12.2015 um 12:15 schrieb john skaller:
> This directly patches the library. It only works if the existing name
> is longer than the new name (AFAIK).

I think you're mixing this up with RPATH on Linux, where the tool
chrpath indeed has exactly that restriction (confirm BUGS section in
`man chrpath`).

On OS X I never came across similar restrictions. In fact we're
expanding the path length in the Botan build process without issues and
do the same dozens of times when deploying Qt dylibs with Kullo.

--
Simon Warta
Co-Founder / CEO Kullo

Telefon: 0175-1930541
E-Mail: simon at kullo.net
Kullo: simon#kullo.net

Kullo GmbH
Kranzplatz 5-6
65183 Wiesbaden

Vertretungsberechtigte Geschäftsführer:
Simon Warta, Daniel Seither

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Wiesbaden
Registernummer: HRB 27626

Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer gemäß §27 a Umsatzsteuergesetz:
DE294537976

Standort Berlin:
Kullo GmbH
c/o xit GmbH