[botan-devel] botan-config gives incorrect include dir in 1.11.12

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Sun Jan 4 11:28:23 EST 2015

On Sun, Jan 04, 2015 at 12:05:26PM +0000, Erik Johnston wrote:
> Hi all.
> I've just built and installed botan v.1.11.12 on my linux box, but both
> botan-config-1.11 and botan-1.11.pc give an incorrect (and non-existent)
> path for the include directories. They both return
> <prefix>/include/botan-1.11, whereas I was expecting simply
> <prefix>/include.
>
> There also doesn't seem to be a symlink created for libbotan.so, but I'm
> assuming that is for compatibility with the stable release? Was then the
> intention for the development releases to put their headers in a
> subdirectory as well like botan-config seems to suggest?

Hi Erik,

The current setup of the include dirs is wrong, the new Python install
script added in 1.11.10 missed this step. Thanks for pointing this
out, it will be fixed shortly.

The lack of a libbotan.so symlink is indeed intentional, to allow side
by side installations of 1.10 and 1.11 on the same machine without
conflicts.

Cheers,