[botan-devel] Pre-release testing for Botan 1.11.19

Simon Warta | Kullo simon at kullo.net
Tue Jul 28 09:51:05 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

July has been an intense development month for Botan and the changes
between 1.11.18 and 1.11.19 are quite significant[1].

Before we release Botan 1.11.19 next week, I'd like to ask you to test
the current master. Only test  in a drafting area, not in production
code. This does only apply for users who are familiar with git:

  git clone https://github.com/randombit/botan.git

Does everything work in your setup as it has before?

3 easy-to-fix points you'll likely come across:

* Errors in the configure script now exit with a failure,
  so `./configure.py && make` only works if there are none

* When you have a non-existing module in your `--enable-modules`
  list, an error will be raised. So now it is time to clean up
  your module list.
  `./src/scripts/show_dependencies.py list` will give you the
  current module list

* assembler modules have been removed: md4_x86_32, md5_x86_32,
  sha1_x86_32, sha1_x86_64, serpent_x86_32, asm_x86_32, asm_x86_64

Please open an issue with your feedback:
https://github.com/randombit/botan/issues

For the rest of this week, I'll only target issues that are regression
bugs from 1.11.18 to 1.11.19.

Best,

Simon from Kullo

[1]
https://github.com/randombit/botan/issues?q=label%3Achangelog_1.11.19+is%3Aclosed

--
Simon Warta
Co-Founder / CEO Kullo

Telefon: 0175-1930541
E-Mail: simon at kullo.net
Kullo: simon#kullo.net

Kullo GmbH
Kranzplatz 5-6
65183 Wiesbaden

Vertretungsberechtigte Geschäftsführer:
Simon Warta, Daniel Seither

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Wiesbaden
Registernummer: HRB 27626

Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer gemäß §27 a Umsatzsteuergesetz:
DE294537976

Standort Berlin:
Kullo GmbH
c/o Beuth Hochschule