[botan-devel] Changes to development process

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Thu Jun 25 08:58:07 EDT 2015

Hello all,

There has been some recent changes to how botan is being developed.

I have moved the project to using git, and specifically github
(https://github.com/randombit/botan) and now many active development
discussions are occuring in github issues.

Additionally I'm moving the project to a more open develoment model,
including allowing commit access to developers who have proven themselves.

The first of these authorized committers is Simon Warta of Kullo GmbH
who has done great work through many direct contributions as well as
shepherding the contributions of others. Simon is coming from the
perspective of someone using botan in production software, and is able
to see the pain points I am willing to overlook and work towards their
improvement through discussion and code. I'm very pleased to have him
on board and believe botan will end up a much better product as a result.

I review all changes prior to release, and currently retain sole
control of the PGP key used to sign releases.

Any questions on the new process can be sent either to the list or to
me personally.

Cheers,