[botan-devel] Botan 2.7.0 released
jack at randombit.net
Mon Jul 2 10:06:42 EDT 2018
I'm pleased to announce Botan 2.7.0 has been released. Focus this release is on
performance and side channel hardening.
- Address side channels in RSA key generation and ECDSA signing
- Side channel hardening in many core algorithms (modular exponentiation, ECC
scalar multiply, Karatsuba multiplication, Barrett reduction, etc) to reduce
the risk of future exploitable side channels.
- Many optimizations for ECC operations, RSA (including key gen), DSA, DH, and
XMSS. Typical speedups vs 2.6.0 is 10 to 40% depending on operation and key
- Add Scrypt password hashing. Also supported is using Scrypt to derive keys
for private key encryption (format compatible with upcoming OpenSSL 1.1.1)
- Add base32 encoding/decoding
- Plus many bug fixes and smaller enhancements documented in the release notes:
More information about the botan-devel