[cryptography] Micro-SD card encrypts voice on mobile phones

Steven Bellovin smb at cs.columbia.edu
Thu Dec 2 16:36:51 EST 2010

On Dec 2, 2010, at 4:30 18PM, coderman wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 7:26 PM, Steven Bellovin <smb at cs.columbia.edu> wrote:
>> http://www.cellular-news.com/story/46690.php
>
> 521-bit key and other odd claims? think i'll stick with RedPhone ...

That's 521 bits for the ECC part, as I read it.  An odd size, even there?
If nothing else, see John Gilmore's preference for non-standard sizes...
(No, I don't know if this product is any good, but I don't think that
this is a prima facie reason to disregard them.  And of course, "521"
is a simple typographical error away from "512", which we all realize
is a magic number but a reporter might now.)