[cryptography] Micro-SD card encrypts voice on mobile phones

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 16:57:03 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Steven Bellovin <smb at cs.columbia.edu> wrote:
> That's 521 bits for the ECC part, as I read it.  ... And of course, "521"
> is a simple typographical error away from "512",

indeed; reading comprehension fail on my part. my marketing angst is
at maximum lately.. ;)

looking at the list of platforms, i suppose this suffers from the same
smartphone application caveats as RedPhone and the rest; how much
faith in EAL 5+ when the host is a rooted or vulnerable
android/iphone/mitm-blackberry handset running who knows what?